Political Cartoon Comparisons
1. Finish any of the objectives below that were not completed on Friday.
2. Answer this question in your notes: What is Yellow Journalism and how could it be used today?
3. SOAPS: Use the SOAPS form to analyze the two political cartoons at the bottom of the page.
Review the sources below and copy the graphic organizer on the right in your notes concerning United States Imperialism during the Spanish-American War.
1. Read pages 268-270 concerning American Imperialism in Cuba
2. "Remember the Maine" & Yellow Journalism
3. Review the causes of the Spanish-American War
4. Should the US Annex the Philippines? YES or NO? Read the accounts of a local Independence activist living the Philippines and President McKinley
5. Review the image below concerning American Imperialism in Cuba. What can you infer from this political cartoon? Hint: Look at the language (French)
6. Read the "Debates in History" primary sources on page 273 and answer questions 1-4 in your notes